Google has one of the most jealous corporate cultures in the world. But what makes Google a really great workplace is its collaborative spirit and commitment to teamwork. The same culture is also reflected in the group of cloud tools built on team productivity.
Let’s look at several of these Google collaboration tools.
Gmail is a user-friendly email provider that offers 15GB of storage per account. What you may not know, it also allows collaboration through transfer. Delegates can read and send email on your behalf while using the account.
Follow these simple steps to install this:
- Click to settings button (gear icon) and select
- choose Accounts and imports tab at the top.
- Scroll down to Gives access to your account.
- Make choices Mark as read and Sender information
- click on Add a new account, enter the Gmail address of the person you want to move and click Next step.
- Confirm your email address and click Email access.
You’ll be redirected back to Gmail settings, where you’ll see the person’s email address in that section. It appears waiting until they accept the invitation, and then changes to respond to it.
You will have seven days to accept your invitation. When they do, they will see your account in the list below them with the word Deleched. They just click to manage your inbox.
Google Calendar is a great way to visually organize your busy life. The tool also supports sharing. Publish some or all of your calendar publicly so people can see when you’re free.
Want to share your calendar with just one person? It is easy!
- Click to options button (three dots) to the right of the calendar in the main list and select Settings and sharing.
- On the next page, scroll to Share with specific people
- click on More people and then enter the person’s email address.
- choose access drop-down box and select the permission you want to allow. You can also change the settings later in the same section.
- click on Send.
You can also share the link. On the same calendar settings scroll down to Integrate your calendar.
You’ll see the different URL settings for your calendar as a public URL, a public URL in iCal format, and a secret URL in iCal format.
Copy the created URL and send it to colleagues, friends, or other people you know. Please note that anyone who receives the link can use the calendar.
The Google Calendar sharing feature is great for planning appointments, study sessions, or other collaborative planning.
Google Sheets is a spreadsheet application that you can use with others at the same time. Benefits such as conditional design and built-in spreadsheet formulas
4 Google scripts that make Google Sheets more powerful
save time for you and your partners. You can even see others making edits in real time.
To split a spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Click to Ice button in the upper right corner.
- Add the email addresses of the people who access the spreadsheet.
- Click to pencil icon and specify whether people can view, edit, or comment on the sheet.
- Alternatively, you can use Get a link to share option and submit the link manually. Select viewing and editing rights as you do so, and you can group the message or send a link to your team.
- click on Made when you finish.
Want to send a notification to a sheet partner? Right-click the sheet cell and select Comment. Then A type a plus sign after which the partner sends a notification to their email address.
Google Docs works perfectly to put your head together with your teammates. Use it when writing to-do lists, brainstorming for projects, or anything else that is better with the input of others.
Share the document with people in the same process you use in Google Sheets (above). You can also use the shared link option in the corner of the sharing box.
Another option you have when sharing Google Docs or Google Sheets is advanced settings.
- Click to Ice button in the upper right corner.
- Click in the pop-up window Advanced.
- Here you will see a shared link, users with access, and the ability to invite more people.
- Below Owner settings, you can select these additional options in the boxes. So you can prevent editors from changing permissions or adding others and disabling commenters and viewers to download, print, or copy it.
As you look at the document, pay attention to the colorful, flag-like icons with people’s names. They will tell you who is responsible for making the changes.
Are you ready for a group presentation? Avoid endless calls and emails from follow-up, instead collaborate with Google Slides. Choose an attractive model
7 places where you can find beautiful performance templates quickly
to save design time and make your words pop with hundreds of font options.
Like Google Docs and Sheets, this collaboration facilitator allows all authorized individuals to be edited instantly. Just follow the familiar process of granting privileges Ice button in the upper right corner of the window.
Think Google Keep as beautifully basic project management tool
How to use Google Keep for simple project management
. You can rely on it as a place for notes, drawings, lists, images, and sound clips.
- Click to start sharing co-worker icon at the bottom of the note.
- Enter the person’s name or type in their email address.
- click on Save.
When you open Google Keep, you’ll see the last person who edited the note, along with when.
Google Hangouts, renamed Google Chat, is a messaging app. Use it to talk to one person at a time with text or up to 150 people.
You can also start a video chat with up to 10 people. Click to start a new conversation a plus sign. Then add people by name, email address, or phone number. Finally, choose whether you want a message-based conversation, a call, or a video call.
Let the other people join by clicking the person icon and clicking Invite people at the top of the icon. Then follow the same process you originally did when creating the chat.
Google Meet is very similar to Google Hangouts in that both offer video calling. However, Google Meet is for professionals and is a paid service, although it is free due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Google Hangouts, on the other hand, is more for consumers.
It can accommodate up to 250 participants per call for G Suite users (see below) and 100 people with a personal Google Account. In addition, you can learn about streaming and recording features.
It’s easy to start a meeting or join a Google Meet event. Just head to the website, press Start the meeting or Enter the meeting code, and you’re on your way.
If you are collaborating for business reasons, reviewing G Suite software may be a good idea. G Suite is Google’s packaged solution for all kinds of organizations. It offers all of the above tools as well as several others. Basically, it allows you to access all your tools from one place.
Google Drive G Suite includes a central control panel with data loss prevention features. It also offers a machine-learning search feature that helps people find files faster.
At the end of the two-week free trial, you pay a monthly amount per user level.
Buy G Suite: $ 6-25 per month per user based on the package selected after a two-week free trial.
Take advantage of Google’s collaboration tools
Getting to know these tools is easy. This is because the process of performing certain tasks (such as sharing documents) is identical in all applications. And most even allow you to work alone or with others, even without an Internet connection.
With so many professional tools available (for free!), There’s no reason to be an awesome team. See more about these advanced features online collaboration tools
The top six free online meeting tools to collaborate with your team